We'll be gaming (video games, board games, role-playing) for two 12 hour stretches to raise money for our local BC Children's Hospital. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in the 24 hours (that's without matching).
Interested in participating? You can help in two easy ways!
1) Participate and raise money
Join and participate in the event on November 6th and 7th! This can be for a few hours or for the entire 24 hours. Don’t forget to log your VTO hours. It counts! Note, we would appreciate participants (and any guests) to raise at least $10 for each hour they participate. Please fill out the registration form which includes all the necessary information to signup in Volunteerforce and to join our Extra-Life team (Fragforce). Let us know if you have any issues signing up.
2) Donate to the cause - and possibly even win prizes
There will be many ways to donate. Donate to a participants page (we'll be posting often), or through the prize draw. Keep an eye out for more upcoming posts on these!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this considered VTO?
- Yes, this is a great way to get your hours up. However, this is a VTO because of the money we raise for BC Children's hospital. We ask that everyone that participates and claims VTO hours raises at least $10/hr (before matching).
- Can I bring friends or my children?
- Yes, absolutely! All are welcome to participate. Bear in mind, Salesforce employees will need to host each guest at all times.
- We recommend that guests contribute $10/hour for the duration of their stay.
- What games will we be playing?
- Lots of games. There will be PCs, console games, Nintendo switches, and lots of lots of board games. Anything goes!
- When will we start?
- We're starting at 9am on each of the two days. Due to the event being virtual this year, for the sanity of your families, we're splitting the event across two days.
- How do I get started?
- Just fill out and follow the directions on the registration form.
- Will there be prizes and competitions?
- Yes. Lots of prizes and contests. More info to come.
- Can we participate remotely
- Yes, and this is the only option this year. Please connect on discord.fragforce.org
- Are the donations matchable by Salesforce? Are they tax deductible?
- Yes and yes. You'll also get a tax receipt from BC Children's Hospital Foundation.